Re: Debian PPC install

At 23:03 -0700 1998-04-18, Turbo 'DanB' wrote:
>Thanks for the quick reply to all of my initial questions.  Now just a
>couple more.
>
>1.  If the install disks for Debian-ppc wont be available for a while, is
>there a way I can install it now?  I really would like to run it, since I
>am running it on my Intel box...it would be nice to have some consistency.

Not yet, I will post an announcement here as soon as I get around to making
a base tar file. I still need to get a dpkg .deb built before that can be
done.

>2.  If I can't install right now, or if the base system is not stable at
>all (I only need the console, and need to be able to compile with g++ and
>libc6--no X or anything), is mklinux, or any other PowerPC based linux
>based on libc6 yet?

PowerPC Linux has always used libc6, MkLinux and LinuxPPC are still using
GNU libc 1.99, in Debian unstable for powerpc, we're using a GNU libc 2.1
snapshot, which is more up to date WRT the libc6 other Debian ports are
using.

--
Joel "Espy" Klecker    <mailto:jk@espy.org>    <http://web.espy.org/>
Debian GNU/Linux Developer...................<http://www.debian.org/>