Debian/powerpc status report

Hi,

Here's what's going on with Debian/powerpc now.

Our current libc is based on glibc 1.99, and is very buggy, I am currently
trying to get a glibc 2.1 snapshot working, which is proving to be a very
difficult job.

Currently, I am building statically linked binaries so I can then build
dynamically linked binaries against the new glibc.

After that I will make a base tarball that can be unpacked using Apple's
MkLinux installer.

Then, I intend to create boot floppies for Power Mac.

--
Joel "Espy" Klecker    <mailto:jk@espy.org>    <http://web.espy.org/>
Debian GNU/Linux Developer...................<http://www.debian.org/>