Re: [Popcon-developers] PopconLargestUnused

On Wed, Aug 05, 2020 at 06:51:05PM +0100, Geoff Kaniuk wrote:
> Dear Popcon,
>
> I am having problems running 'popcon-largest unused' on my stretch system.
> I am in the process of upgrading to buster, and would like to remove large
> packages I don't use before the upgrade if possible.
>
> There is a long thread on the forum which has ended with the conclusion that
> it does work on at least one other system, but not on mine for some reason.
>
> See http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=146885&start=15
>
> There is no configuration information in the manual.

Dear Geoff,

popcon-largest-unused relies on the file /var/log/popularity-contest
to get statistics. If it is missing you can use one of the non-empty
files /var/log/popularity-contest.* instead.
Just copy it to /var/log/popularity-contest

What gives
ls -l /var/log/popularity-contest*
on your system ?

Thanks for using Debian popularity-contest!
Bill.

(Note : popcon-developers@lists.alioth.debian.org is now
debian-popcon@lists.debian.org following alioth demise).