Re: linking to the derivatives census from popcon.d.o?

On Thu, 2018-09-06 at 16:03 +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:

> The simplest would be a page
> https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/Vendor/$VENDOR
> for all $VENDOR and
> change popcon.d.o web page to do
> as it is done for architectures.

Wiki pages like that redirecting to the relevant census pages would
need to be maintained manually in addition to the existing entry for
the dpkg vendor in each census page. I'd prefer to automate this, I
could add redirects from deriv.debian.net to the wiki.

> (maybe this would be redundant with
> https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census, so
> <a
> href="https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/$VENDOR";>$VENDOR</a>;
> is enough ?)

Unfortunately not since the census page name doesn't always match the
dpkg vendor.

Another issue is that not all of the derivatives mentioned on
popcon.debian.org have an entry in the census. This will probably
always be the case and I don't think popcon should link to 404 pages.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise