[Popcon-developers] [GSOC] Popularity Contest

Hello Bill,

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 01:48:38AM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 04:31:41PM -0300, Luciano Prestes wrote:
> > [Antonio Terceiro]
> >
> > Thanks, I will add to user pass data folder as argument. I have a
> > presentation of manages software configuration (GCS), its tomorrow, then I and
> > a colleague are working on add continuous integration on AppRecommender
> > using Gitlab-CI with docker, after this I will update the script to receive
> > the output directory as argument and makes a new patch, its ok?
> >
> > [Petter Reinholdtsen]
> >
> > Thanks for your help. Do you think that patch will be accepted into
> > popularity-contest?
> > What more is needed, or that the conditions for this to happen?
>
> This is a bit premature. You need to show first that the patch can
> actually run on popcon.d.o, does something useful and does not breach
> privacy.

That makes sense, thanks.

Showing that the
patch can actually run on popcon.debian.org is doable, as is showing
that it does something useful.

However, since we need Luciano to have clear directions for his work,
could you tell us how do you think he can show that the exported data
does not breach privacy? I asked him to include documentation on the
export format in the patch, and it already does. What else do you
expect?