[Popcon-developers] popcon issues

On Thu, Jul 02, 2015 at 05:07:56PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Bill Allombert]
> > So I do not know how much traffic they actually process.
>
> Me neither.  I had vague memories of them using a python based
> collector, but see from our git history that they stopped using it many
> years ago.

Since the issue seems to be with the webserver rather than with the CGI
script (since I tested popcon.debian.org which is not a CGI), changing
the CGI script might not help. Also the Debian version is very simple,
since it justs pipe the report to sendmail.

> Anyway, the numbers on <URL: http://popcon.debian.org/ > are dropping
> quickly.  Did we get any response from the system administration team?

Not yet, the ticket is #5846 but is not public yet.

The positive point is that a priori the number of subscribers did not
go down, so popcon stat should get up quickly once the issue is fixed.

Maybe I should release the new popcon version that use cron.d instead of
cron.daily.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe at debian.org>