[Popcon-developers] popcon 1.56ubuntu1 report to Debian

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 05:09:28PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> On Tue, May 07, 2013 at 03:08:11PM +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> > Le 07/05/2013 14:16, Bill Allombert a ?crit :
> > >Thanks for your prompt reaction.
> > >Will Ubuntu issues a security update (or similar out of band update) ?
> > >The load on the popcon server for processing all this extra reports is not
> > >negligible.
> > I'm planning to do a SRU (stable release update), I don't think it's
> > a security issue.
>
> What is the estimate delay for a SRU to reach users ?
> popcon.debian.org receives about 1600 reports from Ubuntu users each days.

We are 6 months later and popcon.debian.org is still receiving more than
1300 reports from Ubuntu users each days.

I really think Ubuntu should work to mitigate the loss of Debian resources
caused by this bug.

As for the security issue: Ubuntu popularity-contest is sending non-anonymized,
confidential data to a third party that is unwilling to receive them.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe at debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.