[Popcon-developers] popcon Vendor field stats

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 07:53:17AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 2:54 AM, Bill Allombert wrote:
>
> > Vendor: Debian                         156578
>
> How many of these explicitly set the vendor field, how many set an
> empty vendor field and how many did not set a vendor field?

1.58                      : 1395
1.59                      : 2825
1.60 (testing/unstable)   : 12145

I let you do the math. None set an empty vendor field.

> > Vendor: Ubuntu                             2
>
> I guess these are Ubuntu users who didn't yet upgrade their popcon
> package after the Ubuntu bug.

Wrong guess:) All submission from the buggy 1.56ubuntu1 are discarded
in the preprocessing stage. We still receive about 2200 such submissions
each days.

(16384 reports has a VENDOR entry)

> > Vendor: unknown                            3
>
> Hmm, I didn't think this would be possible, do you know what this means?

The vendor field is set explicitely to unknown in the report. So probably.
they are lacking a file /etc/dpkg/origins/default.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe at debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.