[Popcon-developers] Encrypted popcon submissions

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 11:08 PM, Bill Allombert wrote:

> I upload popularity-contest 1.58 which add support for encrypted submissions.
> Once this feature has seen proper testing, we will activate it by default.
>   * popularity-contest now report the dpkg Vendor field. This will allow to
> track submission by derivative distribution.
>
>   * popularity-contest now trucate the reported atime and ctime to multiple of
> 12 hours to reduce information leak.

I wonder if the release team would accept a backport of these features
to popcon in stable/oldstable. GPG and time truncation are security
enhancements and reporting the dpkg Vendor field is very useful and
has no risks. Once GPG is tested, would you consider doing a
stable/oldstable update before the next point release?

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise