[Popcon-developers] Debian derivatives guidelines: popcon

[Paul Wise] wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The derivatives guidelines[1] mention popcon[2] and suggest submitting
> to both popcon.debian.org and popcon.example.org.
>
> Can the popcon devs (CCed) please comment on this suggestion, is it
> appropriate to do that?

I would recommend this only for distros mostly using Debian packages.

We do this with Debian Edu / Skolelinux.

> Does anyone know of any distributions other than Ubuntu that have a
> popcon server and modify popcon to use it? The derivatives census
> indicates only that Ubuntu has a popcon server.

Yes. see <URL: http://popcon.skolelinux.org/ >.

All the server code is in the example directory in the
popularity-contest package, so it is fairly easy to set up ones own
server.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen