[Popcon-developers] relatime and uuidgen

[Bill Allombert]
> Hello Petter,

Hi. :)

> I found two issues with popularity-contest:
>
> 1) uuidgen is no more installed by default, it is now part of
> uuid-runtime which is optionnal. This means popcon postinst is using
> /dev/urandom on most systems. I hope this works on the hurd now.

Should we fix it with a new dependency?

> 2) Newer kernel default to "relatime". However atime should stay
> accurate to one day, so that should be sufficient for atime.

Good.  Perhaps we should try to make the vote counting more accurate,
but I am unsure if it is worth it.  It will always be highly
inaccurate, so it is just a question of reducing the inaccuracy, we
can't get rid of it. :(

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen