[Popcon-developers] popcon for smolt quickhack

Dan Kegel wrote:
> Yep.  I would expect system probes like smolt and popcon
> to be written carefully in C with minimal dependencies to
> make darn sure they don't affect the system...

That's not status quo at all.  Dependencies only go away but writing all
the wheels your own.  We shouldn't do that for a number of reasons.
The language we choose has little influence to that in my current
understanding.

Think cross-distribution software statistics in the near future.
I have about 1300 packages installed on my machine, others maybe more.
Wouldn't it be worth it if there were say even 50 of them that we cannot
get accurate stats for?

Please try to be a bit more constructive, we currently don't get anywhere.

Sebastian