[Popcon-developers] popcon for smolt quickhack

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 04:20:25PM +0200, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
> Bill Allombert wrote:
> > There is a major issue with replacing popcon: the more external programs popcon
> > is using, the more it is distording the result. So it should use only essential
> > packages and as few as possible.
>
> Got your point.  However, I don't see how a few extra dependencies
> distort the stats _significantly_.

If popcon is written in python, then the statistic for python became useless:
every users using popcon-python will report python as frequently used,
even if python is not used for anything else. This will also distort
statistics for python2.4, python2.5, python2.6 and all libraries used
by them. This is certainly significant.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe at debian.org>