[Popcon-developers] popcon and removed packages

Hello,

As of today, the report submitted by popcon don't include the version of
each installed package.

I was wondering what was the percentage of Debian Etch systems that are
still using the old flashplugin-nonfree (the package was simply removed
from 4.0r3, but may still be installed on systems).

Was there some though about having version numbers ?
I understand that some people could consider this as a security issue,
and should be made optional.

If I were to submit such patch (client+server-side), would there be a
chance to get it applied, and enabled by default (assuming the quality
of the patch match your standards, of course) ?

Franklin