[Popcon-developers] How long should we keep old submissions?

I've been thinking about when we delete old submissions.  At the
moment, we delete them if they are older than 20 days, and earlier we
deleted them if they were older than 10 days.  On the other hand, the
machines are supposed to submit new entries every 7 day.  I believe
that is the reason the graphs vere moving up and down as they were
when we deleted old entries after 10 days.

So I am woundering, should the delete period be a multiple of the
submit period?  7, 14, 21, 28 days?  I suspect this would give less
wave pattern in the graphs.  If not, why not?

Unrelated blurp: The current arch summary look like this:

    2   0.06% s390
    3   0.09% m68k
    3   0.09% hppa
    3   0.09% mipsel
    4   0.12% hurd-i386
    5   0.15% arm
    5   0.15% mips
    7   0.21% ia64
   17   0.51% alpha
   38   1.14% sparc
   68   2.04% powerpc
 3173  95.34% i386
 3328 100.00% total (ignored 1310 without arch info)