Shall we convert the Policy to DocBook XML soonish ? (Re: Q: any reason for debian-policy non-i18n-ed?)

Le Fri, May 22, 2015 at 09:05:04AM +0900, Hideki Yamane a écrit :

>  As posted to debian-devel, I wonder why policy is not i18n-ed.
>
>  Is there any particular reason to do so? If not, I want to merge Japanese
>  translation to it since it's more valuable for potential Japanese contributors
>  (and for other language area in the future).

Hi Hideki,

I agree that it would be great to translate the Policy.

One of the blockers is the long-standing goal of converting its source from
DebianDoc SGML format to DocBook XML (https://bugs.debian.org/175064), which
would obviously create a lot of extra work for the translators.

What would people think about switching to DocBook XML within the next six
months ?

Have a nice day

--
Charles Plessy