Re: Policy restriction to depend on font packages

Hi,

Eugene V. Lyubimkin wrote:
> Some of them: fontconfig-config, blender, openjdk-6-jre,
> openoffice.org-core, vlc. And, as I understand, it leads to 93 bugs of
> "serious" severity and yet another pain for release team.

ttf-opensymbol comes out of openoffice.org itself (easily checkable) and is
needed for basic operation. You won't get any bullet in OOos lists without it.

You don't really want that as a Recommends, do you?

> Should I mass-file the bugs or this situation can be resolved through
> different approach?

I'd first check why packages depend on font packages and where those
font packages come from...

Regards,

Rene