[Proposal] binaries must not have rpath outside /usr/lib/<dir>/

Hello Debian-policy,

I would propose to forbid improper rpath in binaries.

Looking here I see 3 cases:

<http://lintian.debian.org/reports/Tbinary-or-shlib-defines-rpath.html>

1) rpath to /usr/lib/<dir>/: this is probably OK at least if the
libraries in  /usr/lib/<dir>/ are shipped in the same package
(10.2. par 6-7).

2) rpath to /usr/lib and to /usr/X11R6/lib: this is useless and can
cause problem we move /usr/X11R6/lib to /usr/lib or /usr/lib to /lib
(hurd). This has been deprecated since the libc6 transition.

3) rpath to the build environment: this can be a security hole on
a system where per chance the path lead to a user writable directory.

So I would propose for policy explicitly forbid 2) and 3).

Opinions ?

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>