Re: Add Debian revision number standards to policy?

On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 03:23:17PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> writes:
> The other scheme would be to declare a special char '#' that sorts
> lower than everything but \000 and '~'.
>
> 1.2-3~pre1
> 1.2-3
> 1.2-3#1
> 1.2-3sarge1
> 1.2-3.1
>
> This would require a dpkg, apt and dak change and could only be used
> post etch. But it looks much better than the other scheme.

If we are going to change dpkg for binNMU we should do it in a way
such that (= ${Source-Version}) does not break binNMU.
(i.e. dpkg remove the binNMU prefix before doing the test.)

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.