Re: Package which uses jam (instead make)

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 04:04:35AM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:
> debian/rules should be portable enough to work with any implementation
> of make [1]. That's the interface. If I have an implmentation that I know
> supports include files, I should be able to ask *my* implementation of
> make to include *somebody else's* debian/rules and expect it to work.

You inferred that meaning yourself, it's not a universal fact. I for one
don't see any reason why the Policy should mandate that feature, or any
other feature not already stated in the manual (or proposed, of course).

In fact, doing this would be the type of intrusive change that the
conservatives among us would actually have reason to object to,
unlike the change described in #88029.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.