Re: [devel-ref] author/homepage in description

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 03:27:37PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 03:14:15PM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
> > Policy already mandate upstream site in copyright, and it work:
> > try
> > grep '\(f\|ht\)tp://' /usr/share/doc/*/copyright
> >
> > 2) Add link to copyright files in packages.debian.org. I think it is
> > already worked on.
>
> This requires expanding source packages. Doing this for the mere purpose of
> getting the URIs is downright stupid.

It could be useful to read the copyright too, and copyright file can be
extracted from the binary packages. Give the copiright file 4 trivial tags, and
I'll be hapy to play with them for you.
Packaged: <date>
 <packagers>
Upstream-Authors: <author>
 <longer_list>
Upstream-URI: <URI>
Copyright: <sinopsys>
 <license>

Easy to check, change, extract from binary packages... why not?
--
Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis              | Elegant or ugly code as well
aliases: Luca ^De [A-Z][-A-Za-z]*[iy]'?s$   | as fine or rude sentences have