Re: [devel-ref] author/homepage in description

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 01:17:28PM -0600, Adam DiCarlo wrote:
[...]
> Huh.  I'll have to play around with this.  I would indeed rather use a
> field, even a custom field, if possible, since this is really data.
>
> I'm hearing just go with homepage only, no other data really
> needed. I'll make that change.

For translators having a development URL is also useful, because they can
then send up to date translations; it was said that it is then available
from package homepage, but some packages have no homepage and have a
public CVS repository.
It would also be very helpful to know when packages have upstream
translation teams, e.g. in GNU, GNOME or KDE projects, so that Debian
translators do not interfere with their work.  IMO a Project field is
enough, its value being either some known values or an URL.
Last point, it is frustrating to work on translations which are never
incorporated.  For instance if you do not want to bother with the FSF
disclaimer, you might want to know whether an author mandates it or not.

Denis