Re: Rewriting policy soonish if poss.

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002 00:08:03 +1000,
Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:
> Version number comparison is checked with 'dpkg --compare-versions', and
> the format is checked automatically by various tools. I've never found
> it necessary to look at the details of either except when I'm poking at
> apt or dpkg's internals, or when I've needed to do something really weird.
You say I should read the source of dpkg when I need to do
something really weird about version number (cope with -pre and -beta,
rebuild with dbs and so on)?  Digits, dots and hyphens do not
always work.

--
Oohara Yuuma <oohara@libra.interq.or.jp>
Debian developer

her occasionally near suicidal sense of loyal self-sacrifice
--- Luke Seubert, about what Rei Ayanami and Debian developers have in common