Re: RFC: allow output from maintainer scripts

On Thu, 26 Oct 2000, Joey Hess wrote:

> Then dpkg-log could be replaced/coopted by these apt frontends you apeak
> of, and by debconf, so their dpkg-log versions actually handle the
> logging however they prefer to handle it. I'm not sure how things like
> apt-frontends could temporarily make their version be used, so this
> needs more thought.

The standard version would simply have to use a technique like I
described, you wouldn't want to be replacing programs basked on what front
end is being used, that is messy.

This is probably the best thing to do, we can have severity levels and
such things as well..

Jason