Re: FWD: /usr/doc vs. /usr/share/doc - the decision

At 23:11 -0700 1999-08-03, Joey Hess wrote:
Hello. Some may consider this email an abuse of this mailing list. To those,
I apologize in advance.

I consider it an extreme abuse of -devel-announce.

to handle the transition to /usr/share/doc. If this discussion comes to
anything, those package that have already been modified to use
/usr/share/doc may well need to be changed. Even worse, they may stand in
the way of proposed solutions to the problem.

I am again upset that I am being "punished" for following policy.

Since you insist on complaining about me following policy, I have decided that I will not follow *any* policy about a "/usr/doc -> /usr/share/doc transition plan", should one be decided on.

Thus, I would like to encourage everyone to wait until this issue is
resolved or until we agree there is no good resolution, before implementing
the current policy of making packages use /usr/share/doc.

If this is such an issue, why is it that you objectors to /usr/doc -> /usr/share/doc with no transition did not object to the FHS amendment to policy as it was?
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                    Debian GNU/Linux Developer
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                 <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>