Re: Source dependencies: are we ready?

On Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 12:16:17PM +0200, Roman Hodek wrote:

> My personal view of sbuild is that it's a tool for mass builds. If
> Debian wants to adopt it as replacement for dpkg-buildpackage, please
> go ahead, I won't mind :-) But it was written with a different
> intention.

How about we just borrow a little code for dpkg-buildpackage from sbuild
then? :)

I guess for this purpose, dpkg-buildpackage can simply print a big fat
warning (by default exiting), with an option to ignore the warnings, and
another option to not check the build deps at all. I would like the code
that processes the build deps to be consistent for all the programs using
it. Since sbuild already has it... :)

In this capacity, dpkg-buildpackage will be parsing the unpacked
debian/control file, while sbuild will be checking the .dsc, and if
apt-get implements it, it will probably parse the Sources.gz and maybe the
.dsc for double checking.

Ben