FHS again (Re: slink is gone, goals for potato?)

At 13:23 +0100 1999-03-03, Santiago Vila wrote:
On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Joel Klecker wrote:
I have already stated this several times, `info' has a large number
of directories in its default INFOPATH, including /usr/share/info.

Fine. Does this mean that we can already use /usr/share/info?
How does install-info deal with the dir file?

Isn't it already policy to give install-info the --infodir option to tell it the directory in which the dir file and the info files live? If not we can just let it keep the default of /usr/info and require packages that are FHSized to pass an explicit --infodir argument when calling install-info.
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                     <URL:http://web.espy.org/>
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                  <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>