FHS again (Re: slink is gone, goals for potato?)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: Debian developers list <email@example.com>
- Subject: FHS again (Re: slink is gone, goals for potato?)
- From: Joel Klecker <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 04:54:38 -0800
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.3.96.990303131724.2758Afirstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
At 13:23 +0100 1999-03-03, Santiago Vila wrote:
On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Joel Klecker wrote:
I have already stated this several times, `info' has a large number
of directories in its default INFOPATH, including /usr/share/info.
Fine. Does this mean that we can already use /usr/share/info?
How does install-info deal with the dir file?
Isn't it already policy to give install-info the --infodir option to
tell it the directory in which the dir file and the info files live?
If not we can just let it keep the default of /usr/info and require
packages that are FHSized to pass an explicit --infodir argument when
Joel Klecker (aka Espy) <URL:http://web.espy.org/>
Debian GNU/Linux PowerPC -- <URL:http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/>