Re: ? symlinks from doc/libpkg-dev to doc/libpkg

Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:

>  Is it ok to make the doc/libpkg-dev directory be a symlink to the
>  doc/libpkg directory, since libpkg-dev cannot be installed without
>  libpkg?  I think this practice ought to be acceptable, to avoid
>  duplicate files in doc/**.

It's ok, if certain conditions hold:

Debian policy manual, section 5.6

     /usr/doc/<package-name> may be a symbolic link to a directory in
     /usr/doc only if two packages both come from the same source and the
     first package has a "Depends" relationship on the second. These rules
     are important because copyrights must be extractable by mechanical
     means.

Richard Braakman