GNUstep <-> FHS?

Marcelo E. Magallon writes:
> 	I'm struggling with WindowMaker 0.19.0 and I just noticed a "minor"
> (yeah, right!) change in the way it parses configuration files at the source
> code level. It will search for resources like this:
>
> 	resourcePath/ext
> 	arv[0]/ext
> 	$GNUSTEP_USER_ROOT/Apps/AppName/ext
> 	~GNUstep/Apps/AppName/ext
> 	$GNUSTEP_LOCAL_ROOT/Apps/AppName/ext
> 	/usr/local/GNUstep/Apps/AppName/ext
> 	$GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT/Apps/AppName/ext
> 	/usr/GNUstep/Apps/AppName/ext
>
> here ext is something like tiff, wav, and stuff like that (if that's a
> GNUstepish convention or not, I have no idea). resourcePath is a
> configurable path. The $THINGS are environment variables. AppName is the
> application name (WindowMaker, WMPrefs, WMSound) I have to deal with
> /usr/local/GNUstep and /usr/GNUstep... where do I put those to get it to
> comply with the FHS? Would /usr/share/GNUstep and /usr/local/share/GNUstep
> be ok?

hmm, I don't know anything about WindowMaker, but some comments on the
GNUstep layout. The layout is described in /usr/doc/gstep-make/DESIGN.gz.
(gstep-make package). You may install gstep-xraw-examples to have a
look at the layout of the Workspace.app application.

If something has to be changed in the directory layout it should be
done in gstep-make and the applications should be converted to use the
gstep-make package.