Re: ideas underlying policy

Bob Hilliard <hilliard@flinet.com> wrote:
>      IMHO it would be better to use debian-policy for all policy
> related matters, but far too many developers feel they don't have time
> to subscribe to debian-policy, but then complain bitterly that policy
> was adopted without their input.

Probably because they're confusing debian-devel (which they have
experience with) with debian-policy (which they do not). [Perhaps we
should simply subscribe to debian-policy anyone who complains about
missing out on the discussion... Or, perhaps we should change the
recommendations on what lists developers should join.]

I don't think that we'll gain anything by forcing all policy discussion
onto debian-devel. Both are open, archived lists.

Debian-devel should be reserved for more immediate discussions, in my
opinion. Unfortunately, its charter is something of a catchall...

--
Raul