Re: text section full

Thanks,
the only reason that I wanted to avoid db is because I haven't used them, but I guess It's time...

At 10:30 p.m. 14/07/01 -0400, Adam William Lydick wrote:
Ignore me if I'm stating the obvious:

.text refers to the const data + executible code in your app.

I believe that palm apps, by default, have a very limited amount of space
that is allowed for the text area. There are some tricks that you can do
(related to paging in-and-out areas of memory in your app, if I recall
correctly), but if a lot of string data is the problem in your case, I
would suggest moving it to some sort of resource file (a palm database).
This will also provide the added benefit of making it easy to modify text
without having to modify your binary (and recompile), allowing for easier
internationalization (which I probably just spelled incorrectly)

If you are attached to the idea of having everything compiled into your
app, you can look into the paging issue, but I doubt that would make your
life any easier then using databases -- I'm guessing it's pretty ugly to
implement / use.

-- Adam Lydick