pose is better than xcopilot? (was: Adoption of xcopilot)

Thanks to all those who pointed out to me that xcopilot merged with pose.
As xcopilot works for me I never had the need to look for something else.

I installed pose (3.0a3-3), but I found one little problem: the hotsync.
While xcopilot is lightweight and fast pose is awfully slow:

"xcopilot -serial" with "pilot-xfer -p /dev/ttypqe -l"
   ---> takes 1-2 seconds!

"pose" with "pilot-xfer -p /dev/ttypqe"
   ---> gives me some IO-Error error messages and takes ages to list the
   databases!

Is there an option I missed? Has this issue been resolved in an upstream
version?

Thanks, Alexander.

--
Alexander Schwartz (alexander.schwartz@gmx.net)