Re: Moving my packages to the perl group

On Thu, 18 May 2023 23:27:41 +0200, Michael Ablassmeier wrote:

> after years of inactivity i got some new packages going and also
> had a look at old perl packages which are still "maintained" by
> me. Some of them have seen various nmu's already, so it makes
> sense to move them to the debian-perl group.

Good idea :)

> Here are the RFS for those, without the maintainer set to the
> perl group, but beeing updated to the latest standards:
>
>  https://bugs.debian.org/1036238
>  https://bugs.debian.org/1036237
>
> my salsa handle is abi@debian.org, so if anyone want to assist
> moving them over, i'd be happy do to so. Its unlikely those
> packages will see any upstream activity, but since im not
> using perl these days anyway, i think its best to move them
> over to a team maintained approach..

Thanks for your offer to join us in maintaining Perl packages.

I've just added you to the perl-team/modules group on Salsa, welcome aboard!

If you haven't done so yet, please take a look at our docs at or linked from
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup/Welcome
https://perl-team.pages.debian.net/
(especially policy.html and git.html)

For "converting" the packages, dpt-takeover can be helpful, and for
adding them to our salsa repos, please use `dpt salsa pushrepo'. The
other dpt-* tools might be helpful as well :)

Don't hesitate to ask any question on the mailing list or on IRC.

 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe
   `-