Re: Packaging of new Perl module?

On Sun, 6 Mar 2022 at 12:36, Hilmar Preuße <hille42@web.de> wrote:

> Dear Debian Perl maintainers,
>
> the Perl module "Encode::EUCJPASCII" seems to be a pre-req for the TeX
> biber package, see [1]. Hence I'd like to see the package in Debian.
>
> How to proceed? should I simply open an RFP bug and anybody will care or
> should I take over the maintainership like it was done for
> libencode-eucjpms-perl ?
>
> Please keep me in Cc, I'm not subscribed to the list? Many thanks!
>
> Hilmar
>
> [1]
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=biber&arch=all&ver=2.17-2&stamp=1644187528&raw=0

@Hilmar
I am happy to package Encode::EUCJPASCII under the Debian Perl Team
umbrella. It does not look like an actively-developed module. I'll
file an ITP this week.

@Perl team
I also wonder whether the Debian Perl Team should adopt the Perl
packages of Taku Yasui (tach) to maintain going forwards, as tach has
not been active for quite some time [1],[2].

  [1] https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=tach%40debian.org
  [2] https://contributors.debian.org/contributor/tach/

Thanks,
Nick