Re: libxml-hash-xs-perl new package review

Le 28/09/2020 à 07:30, Ken Ibbotson a écrit :
> Newbie looking for review before first upload.
>
> project:    libxml-hash-xs-perl
>
> I have created my first project for the Debian Perl team, and would
> greatly appreciate a review on two fronts:
>
> *1. first time review of the package
> *
> I have followed the policy and git pages to get this far
> Amended copyright etc.
> And ensured the rules includes hardening
>
> *2. am I doing the right thing*
> Found no real answer for adding a package that is not from the upstream
> maintainer.
> That is, it is not my package on CPAN, but I need it for a project.
> Not sure if I need to still raise a Request for package (RFA).
>
> Please advise
>
> Regards

Hi,

good job. Some few things:
 * you should update debhelper-compat to 13
 * you should add "Rules-Requires-Root: no" in debian/control
 * copyright:
  * *: years are 2012-2020, not 2012 (see README)
  * inc/Devel/CheckLib.pm copyright is missing, copy it from
   https://perl-team.pages.debian.net/copyright.html#Devel%3A%3ACheckLib
  * src/ppport.h copyright is missing also, copy it from
    https://perl-team.pages.debian.net/copyright.html#Devel%3A%3APPPort

I think you should also exclude "inc" directory from import and use
libdevel-checklib-perl build-dependency instead (not tested)

Cheers,
Xavier