Re: libxml-hash-xs-perl new package review
Le 28/09/2020 à 07:30, Ken Ibbotson a écrit :
> Newbie looking for review before first upload.
> project: libxml-hash-xs-perl
> I have created my first project for the Debian Perl team, and would
> greatly appreciate a review on two fronts:
> *1. first time review of the package
> I have followed the policy and git pages to get this far
> Amended copyright etc.
> And ensured the rules includes hardening
> *2. am I doing the right thing*
> Found no real answer for adding a package that is not from the upstream
> That is, it is not my package on CPAN, but I need it for a project.
> Not sure if I need to still raise a Request for package (RFA).
> Please advise
good job. Some few things:
* you should update debhelper-compat to 13
* you should add "Rules-Requires-Root: no" in debian/control
* *: years are 2012-2020, not 2012 (see README)
* inc/Devel/CheckLib.pm copyright is missing, copy it from
* src/ppport.h copyright is missing also, copy it from
I think you should also exclude "inc" directory from import and use
libdevel-checklib-perl build-dependency instead (not tested)