Re: 2020 team sprint

On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 21:06:58 +0100, Nick Morrott wrote:

> If it's useful, I can provide access to a well provisioned Jitsi
> instance if that's any help for the planned sprint. Can't be sure of
> my daily availability in May though until nearer the time.

Thanks, I guess a well-run jitsi instance is very welcome.

Yesterday on IRC, we had a brief brainstorming around the sprint:

21:25 <gregoa> so, about the sprint
21:25 <gregoa> the idea was to have some online version of it at the
               dates of the planned meatspace sprint (mid-may IIRC)
21:26 <gregoa> https://lists.debian.org/debian-perl/2020/04/msg00002.html
21:26 <gregoa> intri nodens knowledgejunkie and me showed some
               interest, knowledgejunkie offered a jitsi instance
21:26 <gregoa> I guess that's a good enough start :)
21:27 <gregoa> I haven't really thought hard about the design only so
               far: I guess 2-4 days of permanent jitsiing is not
               possible (and also not what we do when we are at the
               same place)
21:28 <gregoa> maybe we could start with a video meeting on friday
               evening both for "sharing" a beer and for planning the
               sprint
21:28 <nodens> I guess the usual "have coffee and standup in the
               morning, then whatever" works
21:28 <gregoa> and then on saturday work alone/in groups and
               coordinate again via video at some point
21:28 <nodens> gregoa, that would work for me
21:29 <gregoa> nodens: right, something like that. - and in the past
               we sometimes (not at each sprint) had short discussion
               sessions or questions or demos
21:29 <nodens> yep
21:30 <gregoa> probably it helps if people collect ideas for working
               (together) beforehand

(Ok, mostly tired /me rambling but also tired nodens [0] agreeing.)

The original date and the Friday/Saturday mentioned above would be
15th and 16th May.

Feedback welcome, and if the rough ideas don't sound crazy we could
probably write it down a bit more structured on a wiki page, as usual
:)

 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe
   `-   NP: Dire Straits: On Every Street