Re: R³ (was: Minutes of the DebConf19 BoF)

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 8:22 PM Utkarsh Gupta wrote:

> Ideally, we shouldn't go for a mass commit because we don't know if
> everything would be working fine with it, or do we?

I think all Perl module packages are unlikely to produce different
packages with R³: no, but Perl app packages might.

> I've been doing it manually so far via cme. And it works fine, of course.
> Yes, it's a little extra work but it ensures that everything works fine.

How did you test the changes?

I would recommend building twice, once without R³: no and then once
with it, and use diffoscope to compare the resulting source/binary
packages. If there are any differences to the binary packages then
those differences need to be fixed before using R³: no.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise