Re: How about a Debian Perl sprint next year?

On Thu, 02 Oct 2014 00:01:50 +0200, Axel Beckert wrote:

> Alex Muntada wrote:
> > gregor and I have been talking about having a Debian Perl sprint
> > in Barcelona next year.
> What's the reason for Barcelona?

The idea appeared while talking about the Barcelona Perl Workshop
(2014-11-08) and because Alex was interested in helping with the
local organizsation (and he's good at it :)) - thanks!

> DebConf15 will be in Germany and
> YAPC::EU in Granada. (That were the two occassion where I'd have
> expected such a sprint.)

The idea of a sprint, in my understanding, is more to have a
separate, dedicated meeting (a weekend or so) just for concentrated
work on our $stuff.

Of course I expect pkg-perl work to take place at Deb(Camp|Conf) as
well but the idea of a sprint has been floating around, e.g. also at
DebConf14 where we missed some of you guys and imagined how nice and
productive it would be to meet for a few days at some easy-to-reach
place in good ol' Europe.

That's all so far -- a vague idea and a possible location; let's see
what people have to say :)

> But interested anyways, although according to rumours that nice
> night-train from Zurich to Barcelona -- which I took on my way to
> DebConf9 -- no more exists.

Yup, I don't see it at sbb.ch/oebb.at :/
(And I wasn't brave enough to check at renfe.es yet :))

   `-   NP: Dire Straits: Tunnel Of Love