Re: Challenges around Perl 5.20

On Wed, 28 May 2014 09:41:54 +0200, Dominique Dumont wrote:

> On Tuesday 27 May 2014 23:30:48 gregor herrmann wrote:
> >   But before that we should agree on what we'll use instead; and I'm
> >   not sure that Config::Model::Dpkg will do the right thing here ...
> >   (libmodule-corelist-perl is already up to date).
> >   Dominique?
> I don't think that Config::Model::Dpkg::Dependency will correctly detect that
> Module::Build was removed from corelist.

I guess so as well.
And even if it would, I'm no sure how to express a Dependency like
libmodules-build-perl >= x OR ( perl >= y AND perl << 5.20 )

> The simplest solution is to blacklist Module::Build and CGI and consider that
> they were never part of corelist. This way cme will remove the alternate
> dependency.
> Thoughts ?

Let's put it this way: I also don't have a better idea :)
(And maybe we need the same for other deprecated/removed modules? The
perl and/or the lintian source package(s) should have some machinery
for detecting/listing them.)

   `-   NP: Bob Dylan: Down the Highway