Re: How to handle mod_perl bugs?

On Sun, May 06, 2012 at 11:10:33AM -0400, Keith Lawson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm not sure how to handle bug #666837 for the package I built as
> long as bug #666822 is outstanding. Reading through #666822 it looks
> as if the Apache team plans to include 2.4 regardless of whether
> mod_perl2 is ready or not. Does this mean that all packages that
> depend on mod_perl2 will be removed from Wheezy if mod_perl2 isn't
> ready by the June when the freeze is planned?

There is a patch which may be useful at

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/perl-dev/201204.mbox/%3C4F852843.6090007%40redhat.com%3E

I replied to this in general support for it but I don't think my
reply made it to the list (I think dev@perl.apache.org is a bit of a
black hole, but I've tried subscribing to it now so we'll see if that
helps next time).

Based on

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/perl-dev/201205.mbox/%3C201205052351.49983.sf%40sfritsch.de%3E

however, it looks like mod_perl is unlikely to be considered for
removal to make way for Apache 2.4.

I don't know that anyone in Debian has been able to put the time in to
try and solve this independently.

Dominic.