How to handle mod_perl bugs?

Hello,

I'm not sure how to handle bug #666837 for the package I built as long as bug #666822 is outstanding. Reading through #666822 it looks as if the Apache team plans to include 2.4 regardless of whether mod_perl2 is ready or not. Does this mean that all packages that depend on mod_perl2 will be removed from Wheezy if mod_perl2 isn't ready by the June when the freeze is planned?

I'm happy to do any work required to close my outstanding bug but don't see how that's possible until mod_perl2 is updated to work with Apache 2.4. Please advise.

Thanks,
Keith.