Re: Perl team at Paris miniDebConf 2010

On 18:51 Sun 17 Oct     , Xavier Oswald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Gregor, Dominique and myself are going to do a talk at the next Paris
> miniDebconf.

Hi,

Debian Paris MiniConf ended yesterday. I really enjoy it and it was really nice
to met Dominique and Gregor IRL.

The talk went very nice. I want to thanks Gregor and Dominique for their help.
It was really amazing to have comments during the question part of the talk that
went to a simple thank you for the job the perl team is doing and saying that
the perl team is one of the greatest running team in Debian.

I have been in touch with some people interested to join us. We will see what
will happen in a near future.

As you may know, I have been recently accepted in the debian Front Desk team. I
talked a bit with enrico and he told me that people going through DM and NM that
are part of the perl team have always been very good candidate.

So all in all, I want to make a huge thank you to the whole perl team for the
work you are all doing.

A thing I have think when I came back home in train. What do you think to try to
make an annual perl team meeting during some debian event. I mean we could met a
day after or before debconf or any miniDebconf. We could discuss current status
of the perl team, what should be done, focus on priorities and such.

Greetings.
--
Xavier Oswald <xoswald@debian.org>
GNU/Linux Debian Developer - http://www.debian.org/