Re: Minutes of the pkg-perl BoF at DebConf 10

On 17:50 Sat 07 Aug     , gregor herrmann wrote:

Hi,

First of all, I want tot thank you for this repport !

> 1) VCS - the annual svn and git question
>
> Jonas volunteers for git hacking.
> David half-heartedly says "yeah, I'll help."

Im migrating all my work on git. So Im interestedi too.

> 6) CipUX
>
> Jonas: CipUX is a tool for LDAP administration. Used for a quite a
> while. One maintainer upstream only. It might be nice to have another
> - this tool is considered crucial in SkoleLinux. At the moment there
> is no reliable tool for LDAP. If anyone is curious and willing to
> help get it in CPAN then that would be very much appreciated.
>
> /*
> That was a request from the skolelinux team. Having someone with perl
> knowledge to help upstream CipUX would help skolelinux and thereby
> thousands of schools around the world.
> */

For the story, I entered in the perl team since I was packaging all needed perl
dependancies of CipUX. I will still take care of this. Im wondering if Ill have
enough time for helping getting some parts of CipUX in CPAN. Ill let you know
ASAP.

Greetings,
--
Xavier Oswald <xoswald@debian.org>