Re: Intro and my todo list for debian-perl

Ciao Cosimo!

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 02:01:24PM +0100, Cosimo Streppone wrote:
> I'm an active CPAN author (http://search.cpan.org/~cosimo/),
> and have been using Debian for 3 years now.
>
> I learned how to appreciate both worlds, and one of my
> goals would be to make cpan tools aware of
> debian packages. Yes, I know this is Hard(tm) :)
>
> Other things on my checklist include:
>
> * try to find some spare time for what follows :)
>
> * improve my packaging skills by updating existing outdated pkgs
>
> * collect feedback and patches that have been applied to my own
>   CPAN modules, as some of them are in debian/ubuntu already.
>   In fact, I would be really interested in knowing what was
>   broken/wrong for debian, I was never contacted about this.
>   It would be a nice opportunity to improve my CPAN work to make
>   it easier to package/include in debian-based distributions.
>
> * help package critical Perl and maybe in the future non-Perl
>   software I use at work.
>
> * get to know debian-perl team members, socialize, exchange ideas,
>   etc...
>
> My alioth username is 'cosimo-guest'.

Really great! Welcome aboard!

I've added you to the pkg-perl project on Alioth right now.

Please take a look at http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/ (esp.
policy.html and subversion.html), and
http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup . And don't hesitate to
ask anything here or on IRC in case you have further questions!

Bests
Salvatore