Re: Intoroduction: pmcenery

2010/1/21 Guy Hulbert <gwhulbert@eol.ca>:
> On Thu, 2010-21-01 at 09:42 +0000, Paul McEnery wrote:
>> Any thoughts as to why I should not go ahead and split the package?
>
> No.  Splitting the package is standard practice.

Thanks Guy.

I've now split the package and wondered if anyone has had a chance to
see what I've done with it. I've been getting advice from one of the
other mentors think that the only issue now is to do with pod2man, but
I've had a response on debian-mentors about that and will address it
tomorrow.

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/slimrat/slimrat_1.0-1.dsc

I'll checkout the project page and wiki for answers to my other
questions, such as what the preferred packaging practices are and VCS
for packaging. My personal preference is debhelper (new short rules)
and Git. When the package is in the right shape, will I be allowed to
put it into one of the VCS's?

Many thanks for all your support.

Regards,

Paul