also has some other benefits, like always having someone around to
review things for you or to help out with packaging new dependencies
if necessary.

As you might know, we do have an IRC channel at irc.oftc.net
#debian-perl - which is a nice place to get quick advice, etc.

I'm not an admin (just a junior developer myself) but I'm sure when
one sees this they'll add you to our project on alioth, which will
give you access to our Subversion repository.

The group PET and other tools are useful and nice to have, too.

Once again, welcome!

Cheers,

Jonathan