Re: r36400 - in /trunk/libnet-twitter-diff-perl/debian: changelog control

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 12:12:37PM +0200, Edi Stojicevic wrote:
> * Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net> [2009-05-26 12:46:07 +0300] wrote :
>
> > On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 04:26:52PM -0000, jawnsy-guest@users.alioth.debian.org wrote:
> > > Author: jawnsy-guest
> > > Date: Mon May 25 16:26:48 2009
> > > New Revision: 36400

> > > Log:
> > > Fixed dependencies in control. ITPs need to be filed against the dependencies too.
> >
> > Erm, you may have noticed that already, but both of them *are*
> > packaged - I did libarray-diff-perl a couple of weeks ago and it
> > is in unstable, and somebody else has done libnet-twitter-perl some
> > time ago and it is in testing, too :)
> >
> > I've taken the liberty of removing the changelog comment,
> > hope you don't mind :)
>
> Not a problem at all for myself :)
>
> But I cant find it with an apt-cache search libnet-twitter-diff-perl
> doesnt find anything ...

Uhh, of course you can't - libnet-twitter-diff-perl is what is
being packaged right now - but it's Net::Twitter::Diff, not Net::Twitter :)

> These are two different modules :
>
>   * Net::Twitter::Diff
>   * Net::Twitter

Exactly - Net::Twitter::Diff is what is being packaged right now, and
Net::Twitter is need for it to work.  The commit message that I replied
to seemed to say that Net::Twitter is not packaged yet - but it is! :)

[roam@straylight ~]$ apt-cache search --names-only libnet-twitter-perl
libnet-twitter-perl - Perl interface to twitter.com

[roam@straylight ~]$ apt-cache search --names-only libarray-diff-perl
libarray-diff-perl - Perl module to find the differences between two arrays

[roam@straylight ~]$ apt-cache policy libnet-twitter-perl libarray-diff-perl
libnet-twitter-perl:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 2.10-1
  Version table:
     2.10-1 0
        990 http://debian.spnet.net testing/main Packages
         -1 http://debian.spnet.net unstable/main Packages
libarray-diff-perl:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: (none)
  Version table:
     0.05.002-1 0
         -1 http://debian.spnet.net unstable/main Packages
[roam@straylight ~]$

So the (newly packaged) libnet-twitter-diff-perl may safely depend on
both libarray-diff-perl and libnet-twitter-perl, which are both already
in Debian.

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@space.bg    roam@FreeBSD.org
This sentence would be seven words long if it were six words shorter.