Re: request for membership

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 2:16 AM, Ryan Niebur <ryanryan52@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 02:12:39AM -0400, Jonathan Yu wrote:
>> Hi there!
>>
>> Welcome aboard.
>>
>> It's nice to see interest in jifty, as I know it's gaining popularity,
>> but the package itself seems to need some TLC.
>>

> I don't think it does at all...Yves is doing a great job. Anyway, I'm
> sure that Carlos can help in some way.
Yes, it was a misunderstanding on my part, in terms of what was
blocking the new upload. My apologies to Yves for the slander :-)

>> I'd suggest joining irc.oftc.net channel #debian-perl if you haven't
>> already, and introducing yourself there. It can be a tremendous
>> resource for new packagers, and it's just nice to discuss things with
>> the other group members if need be.
>>

> you already talked to him earlier on irc, 'fooka'. :)
Cool!

We just need someone to add him to SVN and he can start hacking away.

Carlos: One more thing I'm curious about, though... Aside from Jifty,
are there other packages you are interested in working on?