Re: 3-line debian/rules

-=| gregor herrmann, Sun, May 03, 2009 at 07:07:09PM +0200 |=-
> On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 23:45:35 +0300, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> > The text one needs to add is more, compared to the case with
> > semi-short rules.
>
> Someone[tm] should write scripts/quiltify.{pl,sh} :)

or ... (see below)

> > > I'd just prefer to have one "default" version because it makes
> > > reviewing and upgrading packages easier.
> > OK, I surely don't want to /force/ anybody to use the even shorter
> > debian/rules. Placing additional burden to the most (or only) active
> > sponsor in the group would be counter-productive :)
> > I'd encourage trying it. Maybe it'll work :)
>
> I'm confident I('d) get used to it :)
>
> Still, I'd like to have one default method and dh-make-perl to use
> this one, whether it's the "old" or the "new" one.

Providing the 3-liner is a piece of cake. I am a bit worried about
what should --refresh do when "upgrading" the "old" to "new" rules.
Ideally, it should detect usage of quilt and add the relevant lines,
therefore providing the "quiltify" functionality above.

Ah, no, quiltify shall convert a 3-liner to the 3-liner+quilt version?
That's not that hard to write (cat <<EOF >> debian/rules)

Did I get it right?

--
dam