Re: Downloading packages with AptPkg (libapt-pkg-perl)

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008, Neil Williams wrote:

On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 21:18 +0200, Mark de Vries wrote:
[ I'm not subscribed to the list, will look at archives, but if you ]
[ can please cc me in replies. Thanks                               ]

Hi,

I'm trying to use libapt-pkg-perl to [log story short] and then download
the packages but I can't find a way to get the actual URI to download
the .deb files.

Take a look at the source of libcache-apt-perl - which provides an
Object-Oriented interface to the apt bindings and the source of
apt-cross which parses the URL out of the apt data.

Thanks, I took a look and it looks like it does magic simmilar to what I've already been resorting too. I was still hoping there would be a more direct way, like for the source packages.

Cheers,
Mark.